Dallas Construction Accident Attorney
Construction Accident Lawyers in Dallas Helping Victims Recover Compensation
A construction accident can change your life in the blink of an eye, but a dedicated Dallas Construction accident lawyer can help you ensure that you obtain the benefits or compensation to which you are entitled.
Construction is one of our nation’s largest employment sectors, and it’s also one of the most dangerous. If you’ve been injured at work on the construction site, you owe it to yourself and to your claim to consult with an experienced Dallas construction accident lawyer today. These cases are often complicated, but obtaining the compensation to which you are entitled is essential to your ability to reach your fullest recovery.
Your Employer’s Duty of Care
Construction work is physically challenging and extremely dangerous, and these facts emphasize exactly how important it is for the construction company you work for to live up to its reasonable duty of care to you and to everyone else on the crew. This duty extends to all of the following:
- Ensuring that the entire crew is properly trained to do their jobs safely
- Hiring only those employees who are qualified to do the work and who demonstrate that they can do it safely
- Providing the appropriate safety equipment, maintaining that safety equipment in good condition, and ensuring that it gets used properly on the job
- Enforcing all safety policies
- Proactively searching for dangers on the site and eliminating them – or carefully accounting for them and creating appropriate warnings
- Ensuring that the equipment the crew works on and with is well maintained and functions safely
Fortunately, under Texas’ workers’ compensation statute, injured workers are entitled to benefits regardless of fault. However, when there is no worker’s compensation, you may be able to obtain compensation by filing a personal injury claim. To determine whether you can file a personal injury claim, you should discuss the facts of your case with an experienced Dallas construction accident lawyer.
What all construction accidents have in common is that they are all potentially life-threatening. When you mix heavy machinery with the heights provided by scaffolding and ladders – along with electricity and a crowded work site – it can add up to a recipe for disaster even under the best conditions. Construction accidents can take any number of forms, but the following represent some of the most common types:
- Scaffolding Accidents – Falls from heights, such as from scaffolding, are among the most common and dangerous construction accidents.
- Falling Equipment or Debris – Accidents involving tools, building materials, or debris that falls from a height, such as from scaffolding, are also extremely common and extremely dangerous.
- Crane Accidents – Cranes are massive machines that incorporate great heights, which makes the potential for deadly accidents immense.
- Forklift Accidents – Forklift accidents are extremely common accidents, and their power and weight help ensure that forklift accidents are serious.
- Fires – When heavy-duty work involving massive machines, crowded worksites, and loose electrical lines all take place at once, which is common on construction sites, dangerous fires can ensue. Further, the cramped spaces that some construction work occurs in can lead to even more deadly fires.
- Explosions – The logistics of construction work – including the presence of highly combustible fuel – when not safely orchestrated, can lead to disastrous explosions.
- Defective Work Equipment – When the very equipment you work with is not safe, to begin with, it puts you at a distinct safety disadvantage. Defective work equipment can be a function of faulty design, faulty manufacture, and/or inadequate maintenance.
- “Stuck in Between Accidents “– Stuck in between accidents are a specific type of construction accident in which a worker becomes stuck in between two massive, unyielding items (which are plentiful on construction sites), such as between a piece of heavy machinery and an erected structure. These accidents are exactly as dangerous and terrifying as they sound.
Your Construction Accident Attorney
If you’ve been injured on the job as a construction worker, it’s a complicated matter, but a dedicated construction accident attorney in Dallas has the experience and legal insight to drill down to the heart of the matter and to help you obtain the most compensation possible. In some cases, your construction accident lawyer in Texas will negotiate with your employers’ workers’ compensation insurer to ensure you get the benefits you deserve under the law. In the event that you can assert a traditional personal injury claim against your employer or a third party, your lawyer will build a case in order to obtain maximum compensation on your behalf.
Consult with an Experienced Dallas Construction Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured on the job as a construction worker, the dedicated legal team at Chalaki Law is dedicated to obtaining the compensation or benefits to which you are entitled. We will review the facts of your case for free and will never collect legal fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Our formidable construction accident lawyers are here for you, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 972-793-8500 to learn more today.
⚖ Our Experienced Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to help ⚖
Chalaki Law is a Texas litigation firm focused on litigating sophisticated cases regarding premises liability, car accidents & collisions, and construction injuries. We pride our self in customer service and satisfaction. We always ask our clients to let us evaluate their case, explain our process, and gain their trust, prior retaining our services. Check out some testimonials from past clients who we have served, as well as our firm reviews. We look forward to representing you and your family members.
Client Testimonials & Reviews
For helpful guidance on what you can do following a car accident, read our Car Accident Help Guide documentation.
You can find additional answers from a Dallas car accident lawyer below:
What does “No Fees if No Recovery” mean?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]