Wrongful Death Lawyer
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas Helping Survivors Find Justice
If you have lost a loved one to someone else’s negligence, nothing can bring your loved one back to you, and this is as tragic as it is final. While wrongful death attorneys understand this as well as anyone else, a skilled Dallas wrongful death lawyer can help you travel the path toward justice for your lost loved one and fight for the compensation that will allow your family to heal more completely. The experienced wrongful death lawyers at Chalaki Law are committed to helping survivors obtain justice through the civil court system. Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation.
What Constitutes Wrongful Death?
In the State of Texas, wrongful death occurs when a person’s wrongful act, negligence, carelessness, or unskillfulness leads to someone else’s death. The survivors of the deceased bring the wrongful death claim on behalf of their lost loved one (the decedent). In Texas, the following parties may file a wrongful death claim:
- The surviving spouse of the decedent
- The surviving children of the decedent, whether adults or minors (with representation)
- The biological parents of the decedent
- The adoptive parents of the decedent
- The adoptive child of the decedent (with full adoptive rights)
- The executor of the decedent’s will or the representative of his or her estate (if a qualified survivor fails to timely file)
It is worth noting that, in Texas, siblings may not file wrongful death claims and that eligible survivors may file together or singly.
Wrongful Death Cases Are Civil Cases
Wrongful death claims are unique in that they are civil cases that are brought against people or entities who are thought to be responsible for the death of others – rather than criminal cases. Wrongful death cases are brought by the decedent’s survivors and not by the state or federal government, both of which can levy criminal charges.
The rationale behind wrongful death cases is to allow the decedent’s survivors to pursue financial compensation to cover the damages they’ve experienced as a result of the at-fault party’s negligence. This said, however, sometimes both criminal and civil charges are brought against the same defendant. Wrongful death cases are not only emotionally fraught but are often also extremely complicated and nuanced, which makes working closely with a dedicated Dallas wrongful death attorney highly recommended.
Compensation Available in Texas Wrongful Death Cases
As the survivor in a wrongful death claim, you can pursue compensation for all of the following:
- Your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses
- The medical expenses your loved one accrued in the elapse of time from the life-threatening accident to death
- The loss of income you will experience as a result of your loved one’s early demise – projected across his or her expected lifespan
- The loss of maintenance you experience
- The loss of inheritance you will experience
- The loss of advice, companionship, counsel, services, and support that you are experiencing and will continue to experience
- The mental pain and suffering you’ve endured as a result of your loss
Wrongful Death: The Necessary Elements
In order to establish that the loss you’ve experienced rises to the level of wrongful death, your experienced wrongful death lawyer in Dallas will need to establish all of the elements:
- Duty – You must be able to show that the defendant owed a duty of care to your loved one, such as other motorists on the road do.
- Breach of that Duty – You must be able to demonstrate that the defendant was negligent in upholding the duty of care owed (a drunk driver, for example).
- Causation – You must be able to directly connect the defendant’s breach of duty to the death of your loved one.
- Damages Suffered – You must have suffered demonstrable damages as a direct result of your loss, such as funeral costs, medical expenses, lost household income, and much more.
The loss associated with the premature death of a loved one is far too great to put a price on, but obtaining just compensation can help you find your bearings and move forward with your life after this tragic loss. The best path forward is always with an experienced wrongful death attorney in Dallas by your side.
You’re Not Alone; Reach Out to an Experienced Wrongful Death Attorney in Dallas Today
Losing a loved one to someone else’s negligence or wrongful conduct is one of life’s great tragedies, but you don’t have to face the fallout alone. A dedicated and compassionate wrongful death lawyer will aggressively advocate not only for your rightful compensation but also for your loved one’s posthumous justice.
Wrongful death claims are nothing if not complicated, but the wrongful death attorneys at Chalaki Law in Dallas are committed to applying their considerable experience in their determined attempt to help you and your family. We’re on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 972-793-8500 to learn more today.
⚖ Our Experienced Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to help ⚖Chalaki Law is a Texas litigation firm focused on litigating sophisticated cases regarding premises liability, car accidents & collisions, and construction injuries. We pride our self in customer service and satisfaction. We always ask our clients to let us evaluate their case, explain our process, and gain their trust, prior retaining our services. Check out some testimonials from past clients who we have served, as well as our firm reviews. We look forward to representing you and your family members.
Client Testimonials & Reviews
For helpful guidance on what you can do following a car accident, read our Car Accident Help Guide documentation.
You can find additional answers from a Dallas car accident lawyer below:
What is the Personal Injury Process?
Who will Pay for my Medical Bills?
What should I do if the other person does not have insurance?
What does “No Fees if No Recovery” mean?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]