When you travel with Uber in Texas your trip is insured by Progressive.
Your uber driver may carry their own insurance policy. However, if they do not have the proper insurance coverage, Uber's insurance covers the passengers. Uber has auto liability of at least $1 million in case of injury or death for riders or third parties. In the event of an accident in which another driver is at fault and doesn’t have enough insurance coverage, your trip is still insured under the uninsured policy of Uber.
In case you used Lyft, they have a $1 Million coverage as soon as you accept the ride. Their policy is in excess of the driver’s policy, if valid. In case of an at-fault driver, they also carry Uninsured and Underinsured policy to protect your ride.
There are several important steps that should be taken by injured individuals following an auto accident involving Uber or Lyft.
1. Get immediate medical attention. Immediate medical attention following an auto accident can play a significant role to the insurance companies in determining the overall value of your case. If you do not have health insurance, you should still get the proper medical attention. Your health comes first. Our office will assist you after the collision to deal with the medical bills.
2. Contact a family member and notify them of your status. It is important that you get help from family members specially when you suffer severe injuries. They can help with your health and preserving the evidence we need to assist with your case.
3. Preserve the evidence. Take pictures of the other vehicle, your vehicle and the scene of the collision. If you are too injured to do so ask a family member to do it for you. In some courts, police reports are not admissible. However, a police report can be a helpful tool utilized to gather the evidentiary information required to maximize the value of a claim.
4. Do not post anything on social media or discuss your collision with anyone. If you’re ever in an Uber accident, you should avoid posting information about that accident or your injuries on social media. There’s very little you can do on social media that can help your case, but there’s a lot you can do to harm your case. Social media can certainly complicate things but there are ways to protect yourself and your personal injury case.
5. Call an experienced uber accident injury lawyer immediately. It is important that you do not speak with the at-fault parties’ insurance carriers and/or the Uber or Lyft insurance company regarding any potential injuries you may have suffered. Any words or statements made can and will be used against you to greatly diminish your claim. Contact an accomplished Uber accident injury lawyer regarding your case.
Your confidence in our services is important to us. Our experienced Uber accident injury lawyer has the track record to prove their results. We have litigated many cases against Uber and Lyft. Working with an Uber accident injury lawyer can help you receive reasonable compensation that may exceed the amount that the insurance company would offer you on your own.
An Uber accident injury lawyer will help you present every detail about your case to the insurance company and the court if needed. He or she might bring up information that you would have missed if you handled the case yourself.
WE USE ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY TO GIVE OUR CLIENTS ACCESS TO THEIR UBER ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYER SO WE KEEP YOU INFORMED AND GET YOU FASTER RESULTS.
OUR UBER ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYER GO THROUGH ADVANCE TRAINING SO WE ARE ALWAYS AHEAD OF THE CURVE WITH THE MOST UPDATED LEGAL MATTERS.
WE INVESTIGATE AND PREPARE EVERY CASE FOR TRIAL SO WE CAN GET YOU PROPERLY COMPENSATED.
Combined Years of Experience
Sean Chalaki Car Accident Attorney
Shawn Hashemi Partner
Chastity McNair Associate
Robert Alvarez Of Counsel
The content of this website has been prepared by Chalaki Law, a for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice from a lawyer. The material posted on this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship, and readers should not act upon it without seeking professional counsel. This website contains attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Disclaimers.
* “No Attorney Fee if No Recovery” means that you will not be responsible for your attorney fees if we lose your case or do not settle your case with the responsible party or their insurance company. We will charge you a percentage of the settlement instead of the typical retainer and hourly fees that attorneys charge. Therefore, if we lose your case any percentage X $0.00 = $0.00 and you owe us nothing for attorney fees. This allows you as a victim of a car accident to receive the proper medical attention that you need without worrying about the outrageous legal fees piling up. In addition, this will give you the opportunity to handle your property damage much faster and get back to your daily lives.
* Avvo Clients Choice 2017- Sean Chalaki * Rising Stars 2016 – Sean Chalaki * Attorney at Law Magazine 2016 – Sean Chalaki * The National Trial Lawyers 2015 – Sean Chalaki
Principal Office: 3234 Commander Dr. Suite 100 Carrollton, Texas 75006
Satellite Office: By Appointment Only 3906 Camp Wisdom Road Dallas, TX 75237
Copyright ©2019 Chalaki Law, P.C. - A Texas Personal Injury Law Firm - Uber Accidnt Injury Lawyer